We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The RMS will review this policy at least by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 December 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information submitted by you via social media platforms
- Information you provide to us through registrations and online form submissions
- The way you use the website (e.g. pages visited, amount of time spent on the website)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Before submitting personal information on behalf of someone else you must ensure you have their permission to do so for both the disclosure and the collection and use of information listed in this policy.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services.
- To personalise the website for you
- To supply you with goods/services purchased or requested by you
- To send invoices, statements and payment reminders to you
- To verify the terms and conditions governing the use of our website and information security
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our website users (they will not be able to identify you from the information provided)
- To send you our e-newsletter or information about the RMS if you are a member or you have requested us to do so
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
You can opt out of receiving further information from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you wish to be removed from our mailing list or following the unsubscribe link on our e-newsletters.
We will not, without your express consent, disclose your information to any third party for their direct marketing purposes
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure and we can’t guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transit is at your own risk.
The RMS has been ISO 27001 accredited since February 2016, demonstrating the high standards the Society and all its employees meet in regards to information security management.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Your browser privacy settings can be adjusted to limit the amount of information shared with us through cookies or refuse them all together. The RMS can provide the support and guidance to help you disable cookies if required.
Blocking cookies will have an impact on the usability of many websites and you may not be able to use all the features on our website.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or following the unsubscribe link on our e-newsletters.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The RMS website will accept online payments by credit or debit card from the following major credit card schemes.