Imaging ONEWORLD series
Scientific Organisers: Stefanie Reichelt, Alex Sossick, Nick Barry, Alessandro Esposito and Kirti Prakash
Imaging ONEWORLD covers topics including sample preparation, labelling strategies, experimental workflows, and ‘how-to’ image and analyse. The webinars examine inspiring new scientific ideas and facilitate collaborations, with speakers also available for questions and answers. The organisers, CRUK CI core facility staff, Gurdon Institute, MRC-LMB, MRC CU and NPL are also able to continue the discussion and provide advice on your imaging projects.
If you would like to speak at a future meeting in this series or have a suggestion for a speaker, please fill in the suggestion form.
For any questions in regards to the Imaging ONEWORLD series, please contact Kate Jermey.
You can register for an individual meeting by clicking on the corresponding link below.
If you would like to sign up for the whole series, please register for the next occurence and select the 'Enrol for Whole Series' box during registration.
Please note, all meetings begin at 13:00GMT.
- 8 March 2021 - 'Protein-protein interactions at the cellular interface: Biophotonics approaches to quantitative FRET measurements' - Simon Ameer-Beg, King's College London
- 15 March 2021- '3D Imaging of Cells by FIBSEM with Correlation to Cryo Fluorescence Microscopy' - Harald Hess, Janelia Research Campus
- 22 March 2021 - Nicholas Watson, University of Cambridge
- 12 April 2021 - 'Emerging imaging technologies to study cell architecture, dynamics and function' - Jennifer Lippinscott-Schwartz, Janelia Research Campus
- 19 April 2021 - 'How do you build a wall? Using and developing advanced live cell fluorescence microscopy to understand how bacteria divide' - Seamus Holden, Newcastle University
- 26 April 2021 - Aubrey Weigel, Janelia Research Campus
- 10 May 2021 - Speaker and Talk Title TBC
- 17 May 2021 - Uri Manor, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- 24th May 2021 - Speaker and Talk Title TBC
- 7th June 2021 - Speaker and Talk Title TBC
- 14th June 2021 - Martin Booth, University of Oxford
- 21st June 2021 - Speaker and Talk Title TBC
- 28th June 2021 - Shan Xu, Janelia Research Campus
- 12th July 2021 - Rainer Kauffman, University of Cambridge
- 19th July 2021 - Speaker and Talk Title TBC
- 26th July 2021 - 'Analysis of label free image-time series' - Chaitanya Athale, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
- 2nd August 2021 - Speaker and Talk Title TBC
- 9th August 2021 - Speaker and Talk Title TBC
- 16th August 2021 - Speaker and Talk Title TBC
- 23rd August 2021 - Talk Title TBC - Sara Abrahamsson, Baskin School of Engineering, University of California
2 November 2020: 'Unfinished tales: three short stories interrupted by the pandemic' - Hari Shroff, Laboratory of High Resolution Optical Imaging (HROI), NIBIB, Bethesda MD, USA
26 October 2020: 'High-Resolution, Large Field-of-View, and Multi-View Single Objective Light-Sheet Microscopy' - Loic Royer, Chan Zuckerberg Biohub, San Francisco, CA, USA
19 October 2020: 'Direct Optical Nanoscopy with Axially Localized Detection' - Sandrine Lévêque-Fort, CNRS/ Univ. Paris Sud, France
12 October 2020: 'Metabolic Index” measurements using the Phasor/FLIM method' - Michelle Digman, Department of Biomedical Engineering 3103 Natural Sciences II Irvine, CA
5 October 2020: "Novel nanoscopes (MoNaLISA, Smart RESOLFT, Adaptive STED) with the use of new molecular switchers (rsFusionRed)' - Ilaria Testa, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, STOCKHOLM, Sweden
28 September 2020: 'High-speed bio-imaging: Visualizing fast dynamics in biology and neuroscience' - Robert Prevedel, EMBL. Heidelberg
21 September 2020: 'Mapping microscopic viscosity and temperature using molecular rotors and FLIM' - Marina Kuimova, Imperial College, London
14 September 2020: 'How thin is your light sheet? Tips to survive the data apocalypse.' Emmanuel G. Reynaud, University College Dublin, Republic of Ireland
7 September 2020: 'Superresolution microscopy for structural cell biology' - Jonas Ries, EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
20 July 2020: 'Tissue-Scale Cell Biology with Axially Swept Light-Sheet Microscopy' - Kevin Dean, Assistant Professor, and Director of the Microscopy Innovation Lab, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
18 May 2020: 'Imaging and analysing large, living samples with light-sheet microscopy' - Kate McDole, MRC-LMB, Cambridge, UK
11 May 2020: 'Probing and controlling cell biochemistry by light: FRET/FLIM & Optogenetics' - Alessandro Esposito, MRC Cancer Unit, Cambridge, UK
The One World Seminars have been one of the BEST things to evolve out of COVID for me and my small team. It has really educated us enormously about microscopy techniques.. we really appreciate the effort you all have done to make these meetings happen and the high quality of ALL the talks - definitely worth getting up to watch every Monday morning in Texas!
From all corona-born seminar series I've attended, together with the Neubias Academy I enjoy this here the most! Thank you so much to all the organizers and speakers.