2024 RMS Awards now open for nominations!
The RMS is very pleased to announce the opening of nominations for a wide range of prestigious awards to be announced in 2024.
The awards cover the full range of microscopy techniques and applications, as well as recognising achievements in outreach and education, technical support and services to the Society itself.
Applications for the awards listed below are now OPEN, and the deadline for nominations is 29 February 2024.
Find out more and apply now!
- 2024 President's Award - recognises an exceptional voluntary contribution to the work of the RMS.
- 2024 Vice Presidents' Award - recognises the 'unsung heroes' of microscopy by making an award to an engineer, technician or laboratory research support scientist.
- 2024 Chris Hawes Award for Outreach and Education - celebrates a substantial contribution to the field of education, or to outreach and public engagement, over the course of someone's career.
- 2024 Scientific Achievement Award - celebrates and marks outstanding scientific achievements in any area of microscopy or flow cytometry for established, mid-career researchers.
- 2025 Alan Agar Award for Electron Microscopy - celebrates outstanding contributions to electron microscopy in the field of physical or life sciences
- 2025 Award for Light Microscopy - for outstanding scientific achievements applying or developing new forms of light microscopy
- 2025 Award for Innovation in Applied Microscopy for Engineering, Physical and Material Sciences - for outstanding scientific achievements in applying microscopy in the fields of engineering, physical and material sciences
- 2025 Award for Atomic Force Microscopy and Scanning Probe Microscopy - for outstanding progress made in the field of Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) and Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM)
- 2025 Award for Life Sciences - for outstanding scientific achievements applying microscopy in the field of cell biology
- 2025 Award for Data Analysis in Imaging - for outstanding scientific achievements applying microscopy in the field of data analysis in imaging
- 2025 Award for Flow Cytometry - celebrating outstanding scientific achievements of scientists applying flow cytometry in the field of immunology or cell biology