Special Issue of the Journal of Microscopy highlighting Imaging ONEWORLD Talks
Speakers from the Imaging ONEWORLD Series are invited to submit 'Posters' for a Special Issue of the Journal of Microscopy.
Guest Editors: Nick Barry (MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Cambridge), Nabanita Chatterjee (CCI, Gothenburg), Christian Franke (Friedrich Schiller University Jena), Fei Xia (Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris), Kirti Prakash (Institute for Cancer Research & Royal Marsden Hospital Trust)
Deadline: 29 February 2024
- The poster articles should act as an introduction to or summary of your Imaging ONEWORLD talk.
- The primary article on which the poster article is based may be published elsewhere but needs to be appropriately cited with relevant permissions for the reuse of data/figures
- There are no APCs for submissions at JoM, see the FAQs for more information
- Please include a short abstract, which will be helpful for indexing purposes. You may use the same abstract as that for the Imaging ONEWORLD talk
- Please include a brief biography of all the authors at the end of the article, ~100 characters for each author
- The text should be 2000 - 3000 words
- Please cite/link to the Imaging ONEWORLD talk on YouTube in the reference section
- The poster should be in the same format as a conference poster and not a typical figure of a manuscript i.e., the poster figure should be read and interpreted independently of the manuscript text.
- The readers of the special issue may print them in A0/A1 format, so please keep this in mind when choosing the font, image, or text size.
- Appealing graphics always help in promoting your research/method. For example, see the following poster for our general expectations - https://www.nature.com/articles/s41592-021-01156-w/figures/5
Posters should be submitted through ScholarOne Manuscripts. Please choose the paper type ‘Themed Issue’ and indicate in the covering letter that the poster is part of the “Imaging ONEWORLD” special issue.
If you have any questions, then please contact the Journal Editorial Office Manager, Jill Hobbs (email@example.com).