Deputy Scientific Editor
The RMS membership magazine infocus is looking to recruit a Deputy Scientific Editor to work alongside the Scientific Editor, Vikas Trivedi and the Editorial Board to produce this quarterly publication.
As Deputy Scientific Editor of infocus magazine, you will play a pivotal role in the development and planning of the membership magazine of a prestigious, well respected microscopy society. You can expect to read and review a wide range of microscopy articles and extend your network of contacts as you help us to source articles that would be of interest to our 1500+ members.
It is an especially exciting time to be involved with infocus as we are developing an online digital version of the magazine and the Scientific Editors' input into this will be invaluable.
The role of Deputy Scientific Editor for infocus magazine includes but is not limited to:
- Sourcing articles from microscopy professionals,
- Attending editorial board meetings twice a year,
- Leading and contributing to discussions on content and direction of infocus magazine,
- Producing editorial copy for two issues per year,
- Signing off article PDFs prior to publication,
- Reviewing potential articles which fall into your area of expertise,
- Representing infocus magazine at microscopy events throughout the year,
- Optional / encouraged attendance of Council Meeting at least once a year,
- Reviewing and contributing to reports for RMS Council and AGM meetings.
A general idea of the time required for this position is as follows:
- 2-3 concentrated hours proof reading copy once a quarter,
- 1 hour to write the editorial twice a year,
- 1-2 hours a month looking at early drafts, feeding back information and doing some of the general activities highlighted above,
- 2 days per year to attend Editorial Board meetings.
Please note this is not a salaried position, but all reasonable travel expenses will be covered and an Honoraria is available. For more information about infocus magazine please go to www.infocus.org.uk.
If you would like an informal chat about the role please contact Publications Co-Ordinator, Owen Morton ([email protected], 01865 254763).
Applications should be made to the RMS through the form below. The closing date for applications is 15 June 2020.
Find out More