Nominations invited for 2018 RMS Flow Cytometry Medal
Nominations are now open for the 2018 Flow Cytometry Medal.
The aim of the award is to celebrate and mark outstanding scientific achievements to scientists applying flow cytometry in the field of immunology or cell biology.
Nominations should be addressed to Debbie Hunt and submitted by 10 January 2018.
The medal is awarded once every two years at the flowcytometryUK meeting, the next one being in July 2018. The award will normally be made to nominees who have engaged in independent research for less than 10 years.
How to Nominate
- The award is open to applicants worldwide and will take the form of a certificate and medal.
- Applicants may self-nominate or be nominated by a colleague or collaborator.
- Applications and nominations should be submitted to Debbie Hunt by 10 January 2018,
- Applicants and nominators should submit a curriculum vitae and a letter to state they wish to be considered/wish to support their nominee to the RMS office (Debbie Hunt),
- The curriculum vitae should include a statement (maximum length 1 page) outlining the merits of the candidate and their suitability for the medal.
- Nominated candidates will be contacted after the closing date to confirm that they are happy for their nomination to be considered.
- The flow cytometry committee will consider applications and the winner will receive complimentary registration to a suitable meeting where they will be presented with their award. They may be invited to produce an article for infocus magazine.
Find out more about the RMS Medal Series and its recipients