Don’t miss nominations deadline for 2019 RMS Flow Cytometry Medal
Could you or a colleague be the recipient of this prestigious award?
Nominations for the 2019 RMS Flow Cytometry Medal need to be submitted by the end of April.
The award celebrates outstanding achievements by scientists applying flow cytometry in the field of immunology or cell biology.
It will normally, but not exclusively, be made to nominees who have either been engaged in independent research for less than 10 years, or are in a tenured academic, or clinical, support role.
The medal is awarded every two years at the biennial flowcytometryUKmeeting, the next one being in November 2019.
Nominations should be addressed to Debbie Hunt and submitted by 30 April 2019.
How to Nominate
- The award is open to applicants worldwide and will take the form of a certificate and medal.
- Applicants may self-nominate or be nominated by a colleague or collaborator.
- Applications and nominations should be submitted to Debbie Hunt by 30 April 2019
- Applicants and nominators should submit a curriculum vitae and a letter to state they wish to be considered/wish to support their nominee to the RMS office (Debbie Hunt),
- The curriculum vitae should include a statement (maximum length 1 page) outlining the merits of the candidate and their suitability for the medal.
- Nominated candidates will be contacted after the closing date to confirm that they are happy for their nomination to be considered.
- The flow cytometry committee will consider applications and the winner will receive complimentary registration to a suitable meeting where they will be presented with their award. They may be invited to produce an article for infocus magazine.
Find out more about the RMS Medal Series