The Royal Microscopical Society is dedicated to the promotion and development of microscopy and imaging. It is a vibrant society offering its members opportunities to network and to play an active part in the world of science. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds, including undergraduates, research students, users of microscopy in industry and academia, microscopy manufacturers and suppliers, and research leaders in their various fields within the biological and physical sciences. They enjoy a range of benefits, not least being part of an international, multidisciplinary group of active microscopists.
As an Individual Member of the RMS you will enjoy:
- Free subscription to infocus magazine - the quarterly RMS publication. Articles include microscopy techniques and developments, events calendar, news, event reports, book reviews and new product information.
- Access to an annual bursary fund to support your attendance at domestic and international conferences.
- Discounted registration fees for RMS meetings, courses and conferences, with great opportunities to network at the events.
- Discounted subscription to the Journal of Microscopy, a leading multidisciplinary journal.
- Active links with other microscopy societies.
- Discounts on purchases made online at wiley.com, publishers of academic and educational books and journals.
- Automatic membership of the European Microscopy Society.
- Access to one of our Summer Studentships.
- After three years continuous ordinary membership, you are eligible to become a Fellow of the Society and display the post-nominals FRMS. Fellowship is subject to meeting set criteria. Fellows are also able to vote at Society meetings, and can themselves be elected to the Society's Sections and Council.
Which Level of Membership suits you?
Ordinary Membership - £75 per year
Fellow - £72 per year (providing the qualifying criteria have been met, individuals who have been an Ordinary Member of the Society for more than three years can become Fellows of the RMS and enjoy a discounted membership fee)
Concessionary Membership (for those not in paid employment) - £28.50 per year
Student Membership - FREE (we are proud to offer students their first year of membership completely free, it is £28.50 per year thereafter)
Corporate Membership - £490 per year
Find out what benefits your organisation can enjoy by becoming a Corporate Member of the RMS.
[If you opt to pay for your membership by Direct Debit (UK Bank Account holders only) you will receive a 5% discount on your membership fee]
Journal of Microscopy Subscription
You can also opt to include a discounted subscription to the Journal of Microscopy with your RMS Membership.
For Individual Members this is an additional £138
For Corporate Members this is an additional £454