Resources and Downloads from the RMS
Explore hundreds of resources complied by us from within the Society as well as the wider microscopy, cytometry and imaging worlds.
Our directory includes:
- Online Microscopy Talks: Connect, learn and stay up to date - A list of useful courses, webinars, lectures and other online resources which we hope will be of interest to anyone looking for ways to stay busy and motivated.
- Resources for School Children - Here are some useful links that we have gathered together from the many online resources for children and young people to utilise whilst they are learning at home.
- Microscopy Gender Equality Resource - In collaboration with Sian Culley at University College London, this resource has been created to showcase and highlight female microscopists around the world and the specific areas of microscopy they specialise in to assist scientific and conference organisers in selecting excellent speakers for microscopy events and maintaining a positive gender balance.
- Facilities Database - Developed closely with the BioImagingUK consortium and a facilities list previously hosted by the University of York. This is the 'go to' resource to access Imaging Facilities both UK and worldwide.
- infocus Library - Brows articles from infocus Magazine. infocus is the Royal Microscopical Society’s Magazine for members. It provides a common forum for scientists & technologists who use any form of microscope and includes all branches of microscopy.
- Core Facilities Publication Policy - A generic policy for use in your facility to encourage fair acknowledgemen and recognition of the contribution that core facility staff make to research.
- MAK Resource Library - View Lesson Plan, Activity Ideas and FAQs for the Microscope Activity Kit Scheme.
- RMS Digital Calendar - Each month you can download a new scientific image as your computer wallpaper or desktop, included on the image is the calendar for that month with all the important RMS events highlighted.
- The Science Heritage Collection of Microscopes - For some years the Society’s History Committee has been trying to set up a collection of antique microscopes for exhibition and display purposes. This page describes how the new collection is being set up.