Online Microscopy Talks: Connect, learn and stay up to date
Host of online opportunities for those working from home or away from the lab
With many people across the scientific community now away from the lab during these uncertain times – and with meetings and other events on hold, the RMS is keen to help the microscopical community continue to share its knowledge and expertise remotely.
We are currently developing a dedicated website feature for our members to share information on a whole host of events, training, webinars and other items.
In the meantime, below is a list of useful courses, webinars, lectures and other online resources which we hope will be of interest to anyone looking for ways to stay busy and motivated. We would like to thank everyone who has been in touch to raise awareness of these opportunities, and we will endeavour to add new updates as we receive them.
To let us know about your online talk, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You could also get your hard work recognised by submitting to the Journal of Microscopy. It’s free, there's no page limit and submitting couldn't be easier.
List of online talks and other opportunities
- Python for BioImage Analysis https://github.com/IAFIG-RMS/Python-for-Bioimage-Analysis
- Python “Zero-to-Hero” Beginner’s Course https://github.com/ChasNelson1990/python-zero-to-hero-beginners-course
- 30-min Introduction to Fiji/ImageJ for bioimage/microscopy analysis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYuPcszd4PM&list=PLRLp6ok_u6HL7d4K9I0MynUG7Mkt64VK4&index=3&t=5s
- iBiology Microscopy Series https://www.ibiology.org/online-biology-courses/microscopy-series/
- Dave Mason's online workshop using Fiji for image analysis http://pcwww.liv.ac.uk/~cci/reveal_ia/ImageAnalysisWithFiji.html
- MYSCOPE Microscopy Training https://myscope.training/
- Python tutorials for microscopists with no coding skills https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZsOBAyNTZwYHBIlu_PUO19M7aHMgwBJr&feature=share
- Teaching data sicence, biostats and bioinformatics https://rafalab.github.io
- Bioimage Analysis Resources https://forum.image.sc/t/bioimage-analysis-recommended-reading-and-viewing/28051
- Unix, R and Python tools for genomics and data science https://t.co/AMiIhXtRUX?amp=1
- Introduction to Machine Learning https://compstat-lmu.github.io/lecture_i2ml/index.html
- CYTO-U http://cytou.org/store/provider/provider09.php
- 2019 Quantitative BioImaging Keynote Talks https://www.quantitativebioimaging.com/
- Image Processing and Analysis for Life Scientists MIT https://www.edx.org/course/image-processing-and-analysis-for-life-scientists
- Remote Code Clinics https://rse.shef.ac.uk/blog/2020-03-17-code-clinics-online/
- Ilastik Tutorials https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeM_d8ZXiMCNXtVFvwAW23yXfTDsGFk5t
- MicroCourse YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/microcourses?
- Image processing with Python for beginners https://github.com/guiwitz/PyImageCourse_beginner
- Image processing with Python advanced https://github.com/guiwitz/PyImageCourse
- Principles of Single Molecule Localisation Microscope https://figshare.com/articles/Single_Molecule_Localization_Microscopy_Principles_Lecture/11955666
- International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging http://2020.biomedicalimaging.org/
- BatchExpress webinar: true deconvolution made easy. https://www.svi.nl/webinarinvitation
- Virtual Microscopy Congress http://www.aurox.co.uk/aurox-confocal-microscope-conference_signup.php
- 2020 OME Community Meeting https://www.openmicroscopy.org/events/ome-community-meeting-2020.html
- Teledyne Photometrics Remote Learning Seminars https://www.photometrics.com/learn/remote-learning-seminars
- arivis: We are supporting microscopists by providing weekly free webinars about image analysis https://www.arivis.com/en/imaging-science/free-webinar-series-image-visualization-analysis-across-microscopy-methods Plus to all our users (regardless if they have maintenance contract or not) we are providing Vision4D licenses to help with image analysis from work
- Octopus Webinar Series (Fluorescence imaging and CLEM) https://www.clf.stfc.ac.uk/Pages/Octopus-Webinar-Series.aspx
- Record lectures with narration using Keynote https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/keynote/tan8a5df9cc5/mac
- Record lectures with narration using Powerpoint https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c
- BiteSize Bio online search tool to zero in on microscopy/techniques https://bitesizebio.com
Proprietary software with special offers
- CytoU: CYTO U is now free around the world as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. ISAC wants to make access to education as easy as possible during these difficult times. You can explore CYTO U here: http://cytou.org/store/provider/provider09.php
- GraphPad: https://twitter.com/siararouzer/status/1240295488542425089?s=12
- Huygens: Free temporary Huygens Software license (Huygens for Home) for your personal laptop or PC (Windows, Linux or Mac OS). Go to https://svi.nl/LicenseRequest or for our Chinese customers to https://svi.nl/LicenseRequest-chinees and mention 'Huygens for Home' next to your department or lab's name. We will then send you your personal Huygens license via e-mail as soon as possible. https://svi.nl/blogpost135
- Imaris: image analysis software
- Matlab: If you need to access MATLAB and your data remotely, there are options available. MATLAB Online ➡️ spr.ly/60191qh8P. MATLAB in the Cloud ➡️ spr.ly/60101qh8u pic.twitter.com/PKlakCChmI
- MBFBioscience: Offering free licensing for home use: https://www.mbfbioscience.com/message-our-customers-about-covid-19
- Olympus: Offering Core users full trial licenses (30 days free) of CellSens for personal download.
- Photometrics: Remote learning seminars available: https://www.photometrics.com/learn/remote-learning-seminars